Nestlé has set in motion across all its U.S. businesses and brands to deliver immediate and long-term relief efforts through in-kind and monetary donations, as part of its efforts to deliver assistance to the communities impacted by the wildfires in Hawaii. Recently, Nestlé USA has committed a sum of $175,000 towards donation benefitting the Hawaii Community Foundation’s Maui Strong Fund, which will help support the evolving needs of those impacted, which includes offering shelter, food as well as financial assistance.
“We are devastated for the people of Lahaina, Maui and Hawaii, who are currently facing an incomprehensible level of loss in the aftermath of last week’s deadly wildfires,” stated Steve Presley, CEO of Nestlé North America. “Supporting the communities we serve is part of who we are at Nestlé. We know that the journey to recovery will be a long one, and our teams are continuing to work with our partners to support the people, pets and communities on the ground.”
Nestlé USA’s business divisions that has many brands such as Coffee mate, DiGiorno, S.Pellegrino, Nestlé Toll House, Stouffer’s, Nescafé, Maggi, Gerber and Chef-mate have mobilized funds for the purpose of contributing the same towards donation. Nestlé is also leveraging its internal giving platform that can match up to $25,000 of voluntary donations from employees, which will directly support organizations providing emergency shelter, supplies, food, water and recovery efforts, including The American Red Cross, the Hawaii Community Foundation Maui Strong Fund and the Maui Food Bank.
The brands as well as other businesses of Nestlé U.S. have partnered to contribute over $500,000 towards relief and recovery efforts by way of in-kind food and beverage donations as well as monetary donations, including:
– Purina is donating $25,000 to Greater Good Charities to support recovery efforts for people and animals in Hawaii;
– Nestlé Health Science is making a $25,000 donation to Feeding America’s Disaster Relief Fund, where the funds will help provide aid, food, and supplies to areas devastated by disaster, such as those impacted in Maui;
– Essentia Water is working with community partner Baby2Baby to provide more than 2,000 cases of water to help address the unsafe water advisory and ongoing crisis on the island;
– Nestlé Professional is donating nearly 40,000 pounds of Sweet Earth burgers and chik’n nuggets to help provide food to those impacted;
– Gerber is partnering with Feeding America to donate thousands of pounds of baby food to benefit local food banks.
Nestlé in the U.S. will continue to explore ways to support the communities impacted as recovery and relief efforts continue.