In the present scenario where an utmost knowledge about the regulations in the food processing and safety is a necessity, Government of India, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, have started a range of internship and certificate hands-on sessions.
Although GoI has always focused on strengthening the sector and to boost reliability and accessibility of the same, but this time it has gone bit further.
MoFPI, under Government of India has started list of internships. The areas in which internships will be conducted are-
1) Mega Food Parks
2) Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
3) Creation/Expansion of Food Processing/Preservation Capacities (Unit Scheme)
4) Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Clusters
5) Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
6) Operation Greens
7) Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises
8) Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
9) Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure (FSSAI)
10) Human Resources and Institutions (i.e. Research & Development, Promotional Activities, Skill Development and Strengthening of Institutions)
11) Food Testing Laboratories (FTL)
According to the official notification, this internship will be unpaid, No hostel will be provided, No TA/DA will be applicable with the course. An experience certificate will be issued by the ministry after completion of the course.
Interns will be provided an all round confrontation with the food processing scheme in the country and industries engagements will also be conducted if situation permits. Analytical and in-house hands on training will also be provided.
The basic objective of the programmes will be acclimatising the interns with the functioning and work fashion of the MoFPI.