According to Future Market Insights, the air-dried food market will surpass a whopping US$ 93 Bn by 2020-end, expand positively across the forecast period.
Rising demand for preserving the nutritional quotient within packaged foods is bolstering the adoption of air-drying techniques since a long time. It is evident that consumers are demanding more foods offsetting various diseases and providing better health benefits. This trend has opened up doors for organic food manufacturers.
Air-drying foods helps retain nutritional value by eliminating moisture through evaporation. This ensures that packaged foods are not infected by fungi, mold or bacteria, thereby increasing their shelf-lives. Nowadays, demand for ready-to-eat packaged foods is rising, attributed to the adoption of fast-paced lifestyles, providing major traction to air-dried foods in the forecast period.
“Vendors are emphasizing on developing advanced packaging techniques, such as glass, polyethylene or polypropylene, which act as effective contamination barriers and enhance the self-life of products,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Air-dried Food Market Report
- Powder & Granule form air-dried foods will hold dominance from 2020-2030
- Coffee will be the most popular air-dried beverage to hit the shelves
- Household-grade air-dried foods to capture a major chunk of the demand, with cereals being the most consumed food item
- Air-dried pet meat is another popular household food item which will hold sway in the coming years
- Global air-dried food market shall surge at 7% CAGR from 2020-2030
- Europe will retain its hegemony in terms of air-dried food sales
Air-dried Food Market- Key Trends
- Air-dried foods are acquiring traction due to consumers’ willingness to pay a premium price for high-nutrition foodstuffs
- Producers are opting for inertness inducing packaging materials such as polypropylene and glass
- Enhanced demand for ready-to-eat packaged foods during COVID-19 is heightening market prospects for air dried foods.
- Demand from multiple sectors is increasing scope for differentiation, leading to launching of new food products
Air-dried Food Market- Region-wise Analysis
- Strong and effective retail chains are providing immense traction to the European air-dried food market
- Improving living standards is accelerating demand for ready-to-eat meals in Asia which is boding well for the market
- China & India will emerge as the front runners of the Asian dried-food market growth due to the presence of a robust packaging and consumer goods industry